Senior Support Worker – Team Leader
Vantis Resourcing are proud to be working on behalf of an exceptional national care provider that support individuals with Learning Disabilities, Autism, and Challenging Behaviours. As a values-based organisation our client focus on enabling and maximising independence, so that the individuals they support are co-producers of their own goals and objectives.
Responsibilities of a senior support worker:
- To ensure the highest quality and standards are met in the preparation of risk assessments, support plans and person centred plans, ensuring that outcomes are monitored, met and evidenced.
- To Assist the manager in managing to support staff
- To ensure that relevant policies and procedures are understood and applied by staff in relation to quality, safeguarding, criminal records, data protection, HR, health and safety and that the service meets CQC and Supporting People quality and compliance benchmarks.
- To ensure all relevant records in relation to people supported and employees are appropriately maintained, accurate and up to date.
- To ensure the production of weekly rotas is effective, provides the appropriate support hours and minimises costs, including the use of agency staff.
Requirements of a senior support worker :
- Experience within a Supported as either a team leader or support worker
- Experience of working within the Learning Disabilities sector
- Car driver
- nvq level 2 or above
Successful candidates of the senior support worker will be contacted within 2 weeks of application. If you haven’t been contacted within this period, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Job Reference: SaJo998_1560348966
Salary: Up to £21704 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: Immediately
Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Social Care