Operations Director – Adult Care
£75k + £4.2k car allowance
In this role as Operations Director you with be accountable for the financial and operational performance of a sub-region. This includes leading a management team, the management of quality and care standards, cost control, commissioning, employee engagement initiatives, engaging with a spectrum of stakeholders and ensuring regulatory requirements are satisfied.
Responsibilities of an Operations Director:
- Regular attendance wherever possible at relevant service user and stakeholder meetings to include (but not limited to) resident and relative forums
- Ensure appropriate strategies are in place to support the varying complexities of our residents, incorporating industry best practice and utilizing internal subject matter expertise.
- Establishes and directs a regional recruitment and retention plan designed to meet future staffing needs and takes positive action to reduce employee turnover and avoid unnecessary agency usage
- Support special projects, identify and develop new opportunities for new and existing sites.
- Manage all risks to the organisation’s external and public reputation, leveraging opportunities to enhance our reputation wherever possible. To include, but not limited to, oversight of complaints and whistleblowing’s to ensure effective management.
- Lead and develop a culture in their region that values the very highest standards of safety, quality and excellent service user care are consistently delivered.
- Review any audit or inspection reports and recommendations ensuring compliance with all statutory regulatory bodies and company policies and procedures, responding to and acting upon any recommendations as well as complaints from residents concerning safeguarding.
- Accountable for ensuring findings from internal site quality inspections are reviewed and actioned as appropriate, linking with Senior QIL and/or QIL as necessary.
- Develops and maintains external relationships (including Local Authorities and Care Commissioning Groups)
- In conjunction with the Quality Team, take a lead role on development of any action plans as may be required by regulators, commissioners or other external stakeholders.
- Overall accountability for ensuring safeguarding concerns are managed in a timely manner, escalating to others within the Group as required, maintaining effective communication with involved parties and following up with any lessons learned
What we are looking for in a Operations Director:
- Relevant professional qualification whilst being passionate about providing high quality care
- Strong organisational skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task, with the ability to work well under pressure, handling multiple issues simultaneously in a dynamic environment
- Proven track record in leading teams, including through organisational change, understanding employee engagement with demonstrable decision-making skills
Experience that you should have to apply for this Operations Director role:
- A stong leader with experienced operational skills ideally within Social Care
- Extensive managerial experience heading a diverse team.
- Experience of influencing multiple functions within a business in order to deliver a first-class service is essential.
- Strong track record of innovation and making changes to the operation to further improve the work environment and site performance, including planning, commissioning and developing services for Social Care
If you have a strong commitment to excellence and the drive to succeed in an Operations Manager role and are looking to join a strong group within Health Care then please apply urgently.
Job Reference: Odmdac3_1562685552
Salary: Up to £75000 per annum + £4.2k car allowance
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: